Wednesday 11 October 2017

A Great Lake Watch - Van Wagner's Beach

I was down at Van Wagner's Beach this morning for about an hour and a half after Ken tipped me off about the excellent conditions for a lake watch.  The highlights included as many as 7 Parasitic Jaegers, 1 Long-tailed Jaeger, Red-throated Loon, Pacific Loon!, and a crazy Short-eared Owl trying to travel across wind tossed Lake Ontario.  I also went to Windermere and saw the continuing Hudsonian Godwit.  All of these were year birds for me.  As always, photographing jaegers is next to impossible most of the time with the gear I have, but I managed to get a few record shots.

Adult Parasitic Jaeger

Adult Parasitic Jaeger

Juvenile Long-tailed Jaeger

Juvenile Long-tailed Jaeger

Hudsonian Godwit

No comments:

Post a Comment