Sunday 7 August 2016

Vancouver Island - Juan de Fuca Provincial Park

My trip to Vancouver Island was divided into 3 general locations: Juan de Fuca Provincial Park, Nanaimo and the Victoria area.  In this post I will show some of the shots from Juan de Fuca Provincial Park.  My friends Kyle, Mike, ALEX and I poked around this awesome park for a couple of days. I was most impressed with the large cedars, Sitka Spruce and Douglas Fir that towered over our heads!  This was my first time seeing the temperate rainforest.  Despite the dry conditions elsewhere, the forest was lush and green.




We camped at China Beach.  Looking across the strait of Juan de Fuca, the mountains of Washington rose up from the sea. 


We enjoyed exploring the tidal pools and saw all sorts of interesting critters including Sun Stars, Hermit Crabs, and various other critters.






On Sunday morning, we hiked from Botanic Beach to Parkinson's Creek.  The day started out misty and cool, but was the perfect temperature for hiking.










This is a beautiful stretch of Vancouver Island, and I would recommend it if you are in the area.

No comments:

Post a Comment