Tuesday 2 August 2016

Vancouver Island Birds

This past week, Caitlyn and I spent time on southern Vancouver Island in preparation for a friends wedding in Victoria.  I will post some photos of the beautiful landscape, but first, here are some of the birds that I was able to capture on film.

California Gull
Bald Eagle
Northwestern Crow
Harlequin Duck
Pigeon Guillemot
Greater Yellowlegs
Anna's Hummingbird
Red Crossbill (female)
Glaucous-winged Gull
Chestnut-backed Chickadee
Black Oystercatcher
Black Turnstone
And my favourite bird of the trip was this Wandering Tattler! It had been reported the previous day on the breakwall at Ogden's Point and I went out the morning of the wedding and quickly found it foraging among the rocks.  A really unique looking shorebird and a lifer for me!
Wandering Tattler


Next up I will post some pictures of the scenery from Victoria and surrounding areas.

No comments:

Post a Comment