Sunday 12 July 2015

Snowy Egret - Hamilton

I was down in Hamilton for work this past week and I decided to try to see if I could find the long staying Snowy Egret that has been hanging out at Windermere Basin for the past month.  I arrived and was told that it had just been visible but may have flown out of sight.  I moved away from the viewing platform to try to see around some of the islands and found it foraging in the shallow waters at the back of Windermere Basin!  I got decent looks through my spotting scope, but unfortunately it was very far to get any good shots.

It was a birdy morning in Hamilton as I also had a male Hooded Warbler singing at a woodlot in Dundas along with Scarlet Tanagers!

Snowy Egret
Snowy Egret


1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete