Monday 25 August 2014

Late Summer Miscellania

I was out at sites today in Brantford and Guelph and although I didn't see anything mind blowing, I snapped a few cool shots that I thought might be of interest to some of you.  Enjoy!

Female Common Green Darner
Note the obvious blue and black "bulls-eye" that this species always carries.
Interesting fact: the common green darner is a highly migratory species that travels from breeding sites in Ontario as far as the Gulf Coast of the U.S, Mexico and possibly further!  I almost did my M.Sc. research on this critter but instead opted for the poster child of insect migration, the monarch.

A big Katydid!  Such great camouflage I would have missed it if he didn't move! 
A Gray (green!) Treefrog sitting nicely on the leaf, good spotting Charlotte! 

No comments:

Post a Comment