Monday 5 May 2014

The Month of May


With the start of May, we are right in the middle of peak bird migration!  We are still a little bit behind where we were at this time last year, but things look to be changing this week, with temperatures set to rise dramatically by late this week.

Today I was in Thickson's Woods after work in Whitby, and I finally saw a few species of warblers in one spot, including black-and-white, nashville, yellow-rumped and palm warbler as well as blue-gray gnatcatcher and numerous other migrants.  I snapped a few shots for you to enjoy:

Green Heron at Columbia Lake, this morning.
Ruby-crowned Kinglet at Thickson's Woods, this afternoon.


Blue-gray Gnatcatcher at Thickson's Woods.  I like the angry face!
I should have some really good material to post early next week.  I am heading to Pelee Island from Thursday to Sunday to do some all day, every day birding!  I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment