Friday 1 May 2020

May has Arrived!

Today was the first day of May and it was a great day to be out bird watching and otherwise enjoying the great spring weather.  I had work down in Essex today and managed to catch up with many 'First of Year' birds.  With the closure of almost all parks and open spaces, getting out to natural spots requires some creativity.  Below are some shots from this past week and today.

Cait examining a huge Beaver cut.

1st Broad-winged Hawk in my 5MR

A new spot to check in my 5MR

Chatham Woodland


Yellow-rumped Warbler

American Avocet


This bird was the star of the show for me today!  This beautiful Prothonotary Warbler put a smile on my face for the rest of the day after it flew to a perch within 8ft of me and started singing!  What a sight for winter weary eyes, it brought the very sun to the tip of my camera lens!
Prothonotary Warbler



Northern Watersnake crossing the road

Willet - terrible shot, great birds!

Wilson's Phalarope
Have a great spring; get out and enjoy it safely.  Hopefully the parks will open soon!

4 comments:

  1. Some nice finds! Avocets are my favourite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow on the Prothonotary! My favourite Ontario bird by far, and this one is a bit earlier than normal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you need Finance? Are you looking for Finance? Are you looking for finance to enlarge your business? We help individuals and companies to obtain finance for business expanding and to setup a new business ranging any amount. Get finance at affordable interest rate of 3%, Do you need this finance for business and to clear your bills? Then send us an email now for more information contact us now via (financialserviceoffer876@gmail.com) whats-App +918929509036 Thank

    ReplyDelete