Monday 23 April 2018

Long Point Area - Spring has Arrived!

Well today was as spring-like a day as you could wish for after such a crappy April!  I am happy to see most of the snow is gone from Fergus!

Today I was down in the Long Point area for work and took some time to swing by the park to see what birds were around.  I had many 'First of Year' (FOY) birds.  It was great to see some warblers.  I had Yellow-rumped, Pine and a single Palm Warbler at the provincial park.  Below are a few shots of what I saw today.

Brown Thrasher

Yellow-rumped Warbler

Cooper's Hawk

Eastern Towhee

Eastern Phoebe

Hermit Thrush
I am excited for migration and feel that the big push of migrants is so close I can taste it.  I will be at Pelee this year from May 5-12 this year.  What are your spring plans?

2 comments:

  1. Birding. LOL! I am taking a week off as well on the same dates! (Hope it is not too early given the spring we have had).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to hear Blake! I will see you there! And yea, I hope the birds do catch up!

    ReplyDelete