Saturday 28 October 2017

Netitishi Point - Coming Soon!

On the evening of Thursday November 2, I will making my first ever trip to Netitishi Point on James Bay.  I will be going with some good birding friends: Ken, Todd and Kathryn, with the purpose of seeing as many rare birds as we possibly can over a two week period, before leaving on November 16th.  Netitishi Point is an amazing spot to see rare ocean going birds and rare birds in general, with incredible potential for finding new birds that have never before been recorded in Ontario!

Below are a couple of maps showing where exactly Netitishi Point is:



We will be staying in a small cabin, and peering out on the coast every day, hoping for some north or northeast winds that will push birds towards us from out in James Bay.

This will be my last post for a while until I return, hopefully with some great shots of the far north!

No comments:

Post a Comment