Wednesday 4 October 2017

Algonquin Park - Sunbeam Lake

This past weekend I was up in Algonquin for a brief fall canoe trip with my dad and brother to Sunbeam Lake, my favourite lake in the park.  The fall colours were certainly greatly subdued this year compared to what they normally are at this time of the year, but we still enjoyed the cool fall mornings and bright sunny afternoons.  It was warm enough to swim the one day, although the water was so cold I cut my knee trying to frantically get out!  Wildlife were quiet and well hidden on this trip, although I did enjoy hearing flocks of White-winged Crossbills and other finches fly over.

Water levels were much higher than 4 years ago when we were last in Vanishing Creek, which made it much easier to navigate!




We got the best site on the lake, the coveted island site!

Cool mornings made for misty photography!






No comments:

Post a Comment