Tuesday 30 September 2014

Things are about to pick up!

While the weather has been phenomenal the past week or so, it seems to have stalled the southward migration of many birds, and things have been relatively stagnant since the last post.  Highlights in terms of birds have been few and far between.  Although thanks to Ken Burrell (again) I was able to get some decent looks at my 238th Ontario bird species for the year, a Hudsonian Godwit at Conestoga Lake!  Work is going to take me close to some good birding locations on Thursday, and if I have time I might be able to check some good spots for rarities.

Here are a couple of shots of a few Orange-crowned Warblers that were at Columbia Lake in Waterloo this week.  My 2nd batch of them since Pelee Island way back in May!



No comments:

Post a Comment