Tuesday 15 April 2014

Long Point

On Sunday, I went with some of the other birding enthusiasts at NRSI to visit Long Point Provincial Park and area.  Our goal was to see some of the first migrants of the year and we were not disappointed! Although we didn't see anything that I would classify as rare, we did have a good diversity of birds including 15 new birds for my year list, bringing me up to 115.

Among these birds were pine warblers, yellow-rumped warblers and numerous sparrows.  I managed to get a few photos.

A pine warbler caught in and removed from the researcher's mist nets

Still plenty of ice bergs off of Long Point!

Brett knew of a spot that we could also find a rare tree, eastern flowering dogwood.  An S2 species in Ontario, making this species imperiled.

Eastern Flowering Dogwood

Eastern Flowering Dogwood

No comments:

Post a Comment