Friday 25 September 2020

Fall Birding in Full Swing!

 I had the pleasure of doing some work down in Lennox & Addington County this week again and spent some time over on Amherst Island!  Wednesday was a very good day, and I tallied 88 species by around 130pm - not too shabby for the fall!  Highlights were lots of shorebirds including White-rumped Sandpiper, Black-bellied Plover, American Golden Plover as well as good numbers of warblers and a late Yellow-billed Cuckoo.

I had fun playing around with my camera again.  I shot 'in the RAW' for the first time and had fun editing my shots.  A Black-throated Blue Warbler was particularly obliging, although it was fairly dark where I was shooting so there was a lot of post-processing necessary to adjust the exposure, which means a bit grainier photos.  Below are a few of my favourite shots.





Philadelphia Vireo

Scarlet Tanager (minus the scarlet)

Stretching Northern Parula

Northern Harrier and fall colours




1 comment: