Wednesday 19 July 2017

Quick Trip to Lake Superior and Surprise Western Meadowlark

Ken and I had a quick work trip up to the north of Sault Ste. Marie to do some bird surveys.  After finishing our surveys, Ken showed me a really neat spot in Lake Superior Provincial Park.  A beautiful secluded beach.  This is an area I would like to explore when I have more time!




As we were about to return the rental car earlier this afternoon, Ken with his excellent bird ears, picked out a Western Meadowlark singing in the grassed area between the runways at the Sault airport!  What an exciting find! We eventually tracked it down and got a few distant shots, this one was taken from inside the terminal!  A great end to a nice, short trip.

Western Meadowlark

2 comments:

  1. I just love the title...a "Quick" trip to Lake Superior! It took me two days to even get there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha well we had the luxury of flying, so just about an hour!

      Delete