Wednesday 21 October 2015

Greater White-fronted Goose - Floradale Woolwich Reservoir

Early this afternoon Ken Burrell found a Greater White-fronted Goose at the Floradale Woolwich Reservoir north of Elmira.  On my drive back to Fergus I decided to check it out, and sure enough, I found the bird in among several hundred Canada Geese!  Not great photos but I had excellent looks through my spotting scope.  The last Greater White-fronted Goose I saw was on March 31 near Point Pelee!

This species breeds in the high arctic from Nunavut west to Alaska and winters on the west coast of the U.S, Gulf Coast and Mexico.

Greater White-fronted Goose - front and centre.
Greater White-fronted Goose - right
Also, have you birders noticed the new feature where you can now upload photos directly to your ebird checklist!?  I have been waiting for this for ages!  The winter will be a good chance to get caught up and upload some photos to old checklists I have submitted.

No comments:

Post a Comment